61. We may not expect a good whelp from an ill dog.
惡狗養不出好犬;歹竹難出好筍。 |
62. We must hope for the best and fear the worst.
抱最大希望,作最壞打算。 |
63. We must live by the quick and not by the dead.
人活著靠生者,別靠死者。 |
64. We never know the worth of water till the well goes
dry.
井乾方知水的可貴。 |
65. We shall see what we shall see.
該看到的事總會看到。 |
66. We weeping come into the world and weeping hence we
go.
我們哭著來到世上,也哭著離去。人生本多苦難。 |
67. Wealth is best known by want.
貧困方知財富重要。 |
68. Wedlock is a padlock.
婚姻是枷鎖。 |
69. Weigh not what you give but what is given you.
受比施更應小心謹慎。 |
70. Welcome is the best cheer.
熱情歡迎勝過佳餚款待。 |
71. Well fed, well bred.
衣食足,而後知禮節。 |
72. What can't be cured must be endured.
無計可施,只好忍受。 |
73. What costs little is little esteemed.
便宜的東西不被重視。對代價不高的東西,往往不珍惜。 |
74. What is a gentleman but his word?
言而無信,算什麼紳士? |
75. What is bought is cheaper than a gift.
別人送的,比自己買的貴。得人一牛,還人一馬。吃人一口,還人一斗。 |
76. What is bred in the bone will never come out of the
flesh.
遺傳無法改變。 |
77. What is forbidden is desired.
越禁止越想要。 |
78. What is learned in the cradle is carried to the tomb.
幼年所學,終身不忘。 |
79. What is mine is yours and what is yours is mine.
你的就是我的,我的就是你的。 |
80. What is yours is mine, and what is mine is my own.
你的就是我的,我的還是我的。 |